Saturday, January 17, 2009

Car Accident

So yesterday I was in a car accident.


I was over by my moms house a little after 5 and had to cross Westcreek. It was very busy so I was waiting at the stop sign for traffic to clear. Since the light was red all the traffic was stopped and a car motioned for me to go ahead. I did. Very slowly since I could not see around it. As I reached the second lane of traffic I saw a streak of red coming at me and hit the breaks. It was too late. He was speeding. All the other cars around us were stopped. His car was scratched and so was mine.


He made a huge deal out of it and we had to exchange insurance info. He wanted to call the police so I did. They asked if we could just take care of it since no one was hurt. Then he tried to tell me that it was going to cost about $1000 to fix his car since they were going to have to repaint his bumper.


I am sure I looked stressed out enough. Cant figure out why he would have tried to make things worse. Standing there with a woman that is 9 months pregnant, crying, shaking... What a jerk. If he had not been speeding we would not have had a problem. Everyone is fine. Isa and Chase freaked out only when I started crying.


Last night Isa had nightmares and slept with me for most of the night. I woke up sore today. It's hard to tell if I am sore from being pregnant or from yesterday. All the same places hurt.
What I think is the kicker is that the person that motioned me to go ahead... he left.
We are all doing fine today. Just going to relax.
Here is a picture of my car...

Here is a picture of the other car...

2 comments:

Kelly Goulding said...

I am so glad you and the kids are okay.Sorry you had to go through that.The man sounds like a complete ASS!

Unknown said...

What a jerk to yell at you! That is why we all have insurance! You better be glad Mando was not there I am sure they would have had a few words. Hope your week gets better.