Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The puppy

Today Isa and I were out running the streets. We had plans to meet up with a friend of mine that I had not seen in years and her 3 kids that we had never met. Yes that is how long it has been.



So Isa and I leave the house and head down 8th ave. toward Berry st. She and I are chatting, as much as can be expected when you are having a conversation with a 2 1/2 year old. When we got to the intersection I happened to be at the front of the line and the light turned green. This is a very busy intersection. I started to cross and happened to see a little black furry thing running in the intersection. I stopped in the middle of the intersection as it ran in front of my car. It was a little puppy. That poor little puppy was so confused. I got out of the car (leaving it in the middle of the intersection) and ran over to grab the puppy. When I got up to her she fell over and started wagging her tail. What a lucky dog. When I put her in the car I realized she smelled like gasoline and her wiskers were singed off. Poor Puppy.
We took her to the vet and they said she was 7 weeks old and that she had received no veterinary care. She was infested with worms and they said she was lucky we had found her because she was already dehydrated and starving. Our vet reports to the humane society when animals are found and where they are found so if anyone reported her missing they would contact us.



She is just the cutest thing and the girls are thrilled.






After having such an eventful day she needed a nap!

No comments: